Run for Peace 5K
Click the logo to sign up for the race.
|Support Betty Griffin House
by shopping at Amazon
Increasing My Safety in the Relationship
- I will have important phone numbers available to my children and myself.
- I can tell ______________ and ______________about the violence.
- If I leave home, I can go to ______________.
- I can leave money, car keys, clothes, and documents with ______________.
- If I leave, I will bring ______________ _______________________________.
- I can keep change for phone calls with me at all times.
- I can arrange a signal system for dangerous situations.
- I can keep money separately stored, if possible.
- I can rehearse my escape plan with my children and support person.
- I can get an Injunction for Protection and keep it on me at all times.
- I can keep a copy of the Injunction at ______________.
- When I feel down and ready to return to a potentially abusive situation, I can ______________.
Increasing My Safety When the Relationship Is Over
- I can change the locks and secure my windows.
- I will tell ______________ and ______________ that my partner no longer lives with me -- AND to call the police if s/he is near my residence.
- I will tell the people who take care of my children that only______________ and______________ have permission to pick them up.
- I can tell ______________ at work about my situation.
- I can avoid stores, banks, and______________ which I used when I was in the relationship.
Checklist Items for You and Your Children
(Keep safe, separate, and available)
- Identification (Driver's License)
- Car Registration
- Birth Certificates
- Social Security Cards
- Bankbook and Checks
- Money and Credit Cards
- Car and House Keys
- Welfare Identification
- Divorce/Custody Papers
- School/Medical Records
- Lease/Mortgage Papers
- Insurance Papers
- Address Book
Recycle your cellphone, help
Betty Griffin House.
Please drop off cellphone donations to one of our Thrift Shoppes!